IEI-EIU Conditional Admission Partnership
Learn more about the new Intensive English Institute and Eastern Illinois University partnership.
The Intensive English Institute has an agreement with Eastern Illinois University (EIU) in Charleston, Illinois that provides conditional admission for students who do not have the English Proficiency Score (IELTS, or TOEFL etc.) that EIU requires. This is not conditional admission to University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
EIU Conditional Admission Process
The process for conditional admission to Eastern Illinois University (EIU) is as follows:
- The student applies to the IEI.
- When the student is admitted to the IEI, they will receive an IEI letter of admission.
- When the student has this letter, they can apply to EIU. As part of the EIU application, the student will upload the IEI admission letter as a supporting document.
- If the student meets its other qualification requirements, EIU will give him/her conditional admission. This means that the student will become an EIU student when they has achieved the required level of English.
- Students who receive conditional admission from EIU need to attend the IEI until they achieve a proficiency level of 500 or 600. Once they have achieved this level, they can attend EIU as full-time students.
Please contact the IEI for more information.Contact Us